Lane Memorial Gardens
Lane Memorial Gardens opened in west Eugene in 1953. The 40-acre site, which includes manicured lawns as well as natural areas, is known for its beautiful statuary and views of the Willamette valley. A haven for wildlife, Lane Memorial Gardens is a fitting location for the permanent remembrance of those who have died. In the 1980’s, a full service funeral home was added to the site to serve the needs of our community from one convenient location. A mausoleum and columbarium, used for the above ground placement of caskets and urns, was built in 1983.
In 2005, after many years of ownership by a large multinational corporation, Lane Memorial was purchased by the Musgrove family, who has a long history of service to the families of Lane County.